@actyx/pond and @actyx-contrib/pond-rx-adapter: Pond.emit and RxPond.emit no longer work

When upgrading from @actyx/pond 3.1.1 to any higher version (3.2.2 at the time of this writing) the (deprecated) function Pond.emit does no longer emit any event and it does not fail either. It looks as if just nothing happens. Since it is deprecated this could be easily fixed on our end.

However, the @actyx-contrib/pond-rx-adapter package still uses Pond.emit in RxPond.emit (see here) and this now fails silently when updating @acty/pond.

Hi Jörg,

thanks for reporting! This is not intentional, I’ll look into it right away. Can you confirm that RxPond also uses 3.2.2? (just want to exclude some version conflict weirdness)

Regards,

Roland

Hi Jörg,

the bug was caused by a change in behaviour when we upgraded our internal RxJS version from 5 to 7 (the shareReplay() operator is now lazy — a workaround for your code would be to subscribe to the Observable returned from RxPond.emit).

I released Pond v3.2.3 and Actyx SDK v0.4.2 that contain a fix to this bug (and some small other improvements around tag handling).

Regards,

Roland

1 Like

I can confirm that the new version works, thanks for the fast fix!

Thanks again for reporting, and you’re very welcome!